Monday 2 March 2009

Progress?!!

OK, I'll admit it - I've been putting off writing this, largely in the hope that I could announce a major breakthrough - breakdown more likely (of the nervous variety)! So, we are still some way off. The engine hasn't been started yet and our ECU (which is kind of important) is in Gloucestershire, while we are in Cheshire. We are now on a promise of one on loan (thanks Andrew), so there is still a cat in hells chance that the engine will get started this week.

So, we are still running up against the buffers, with Fruit needing a new seat, which won't be delivered until next week. MOT, yes that would be nice, paint - it takes how long to dry?

Do you know how many individual components there are in a car? No, neither do I - but let me tell you its a lot, and we are still ordering them. Today I found myself flicking through Land Rover Owner International and Land Rover Monthly (unheard of), looking for breakers yards to try to source some Defender push button switches (2002 onwards), you know rear wash wipe, hazard flasher, heated seats that sort of thing .......anyone got any they don't want.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment