Thursday 5 March 2009

Shopping

There's not just a car to think about you know - oh no. There are gizmos and gadgets (the trip meter and GPS I have mentioned already), there are video recorders and cameras, there are miscellaneous bits of kit, first aid kits and, of course, clothes! While Fruit has been ordering headlamps and intercoolers I have been buying clothes and today I received the first consignment of Up and Under rally team hats (which will, believe me, become collectors items - my dad is already after one). The fleeces and T-shirts are to follow.







Miscellaneous bits of kit








Speaking of clothes, there is also the small matter of a race suit. I wore one of these for one stage during the Tuareg in 2007 and hated it. Fruit, on the other hand, looks at his as a big romper suit and loves it. He thinks I should have one and I suppose he has a point - while I hope not to need one, having a chance of not being burned to a crisp in the event of a fire seems like a good idea. And I have capitulated with the boots (Asics don't yet make nomex training shoes - a possible gap in the market?) and gloves, but the jury is still out on the full suit .... shame they don't do a two piece.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment